9.08.2007

Comfort

There is such a burst of rain that you know that it will only be temporary. At least that is what I've learned. It starts out in a rush and it is very calming, especially sitting here on my own on a Saturday morning. The only stress is that I know one of our car windows is stuck down and that I've been watching a movie on TV and the satellite was knocked out.

I rarely have mornings where I am the first person awake. Adam always rises before me. I would say that it is pleasant, but no, my place isn't the most comfortable. Not in the sense that it drags on me or anything emotional bothers me. I mean that I can feel the wood under the cushion of the couch and this is one of the most uncomfortable things I've sat on.

I was watching a movie and was paying more attention to the old house they were in rather than the plot, having seen it several times. It was an old southern house, white, with a wrap around porch. It reminded me of my grandmothers house. Talk about ultimate comfort. The walls, the layout, the furniture and the smell all bring comfort in an older house like that one. Unfortunately my grandmother died years ago and the house is also gone to other owners. Still it is very much something I remember as very comfortable place, regardless of when the heat got to you because there wasn't the best air conditioning. That I guess is more emotional comfort, but right now I wish I was sitting there in the morning by myself rather than here. I'm sure that will change once Adam wake's up. Then we can leave and go on with the day, then the house won't matter.

The rain stopped and the satellite is working again. It happens so quickly.

No comments: