7.27.2005

Love of Adam and Eve


Adam still asks me if I believe in love at first sight. I look at him whenever he asks me and think of when we first met. He has had to remind me several times of what happened exactly since my memory is not the best. I do remember him as being interesting and funny; I did not want to leave him. He still has that effect on me. I hate the idea of not being in the same place as him. That night when I first met him, I was reluctant to leave the parking lot. I did though.

I still do not remember being in love. When I think of it, I cannot remember when I did fall in love with him. I just knew that I did. Maybe it is that reluctance to leave a person that is love. I have to admit that I have not had that before. With Amnon I would be happy to have time apart from him. Even early on in the relationship I was still quite a loner. I did not have that reluctant feeling whenever we had to separate. Is that love?

That is the only feeling that I can think of that I felt that first night I met Adam. I do not remember the conversation. I am sure he does. I remember that he was funny and interesting. It is hard for anyone to keep my interest for long. So I was impressed with him. Somehow we have ended up where we are now.

Adam says that he fell in love with me whenever he first saw my smile. Maybe I fell in love with him when we first met, but love is hard to recognize in the beginning. I do not see it as something learned. I see that there is a connection between the two of us that I have felt with no other. Is that a recognition of love at first sight? Maybe.
(link to art)

No comments: